忍者ブログ
東京都港区の歴史
×

[PR]上記の広告は3ヶ月以上新規記事投稿のないブログに表示されています。新しい記事を書く事で広告が消えます。



所在 東京都港区東新橋1-6-1(日本テレビ)

 ここは、汐留遺跡の発掘調査によって、仙台藩上屋敷の表門の遺構が発見された場所である。

 寛永18年(1641年)に設けた屋敷は、当初下屋敷として用いられたが、延宝4年(1676年)には上屋敷となり、以後幕末まで仙台藩の江戸における拠点となった。

 元禄15年(1702年)12月15日、本所吉良邸において、主君浅野内匠頭長矩(しゅくんあさのたくみのかみながのり)の仇討ちを成し遂げ、その墓所高輪泉岳寺へ向かう赤穂浪士は、この場所で粥のもてなしを受けたといわれる。あたかもレトルト食品のように瞬く間に作られた粥は、仙台名産の仙台糒(せんだいほしい)(粳米を蒸して乾燥させた保存食)であった。

                仙台市・日本テレビ


Front Gate of Sendai Han's Residence in Edo Period
「江戸勝景(えどしょうけい) 芝新銭坐之図(しばしんせんざのず)」
 歌川広重作 天保6(1835年)~天保8年(1838年)
この図に描かれる冠木門の基礎の木組み遺構が発見された。

PR


所在地 港区東新橋1-5 

 この建物は、1872年(明治5年)10月14日(太陽暦)に開業した日本最初の鉄道ターミナル新橋停車場の駅舎の外観を、当時と同じ位置に、できるだけ忠実に再現したものです。
新橋停車場駅舎は、アメリカ人 R・P・ブリジェンスの設計により、1871年(明治4年)5月に着工、1871年12月に完成し、西洋建築がまだ珍しかった時代の東京で、鉄道開業直後に西洋風に整備された銀座通りに向かって、偉容を誇っていました。
1914年(大正3年)、新設の東京駅に旅客ターミナルの機能が移り、それまでの烏森駅が新橋の名を引き継いで現在の新橋駅となり、貨物専用駅となった旧駅は汐留駅と改称、物流の大拠点として戦前戦後を通じて東京の経済活動を支えました。
文明開化の象徴として親しまれた旧駅舎は、1923年(大正12年)9月1日の関東大震災に際して火災のため焼失し、1934年(昭和9年)から始まった汐留駅改良工事のため、残存していたプラットホームや構内の諸施設も解体されました。
1986年(昭和61年)、汐留駅はその使命を終えて廃止され、跡地の再開発工事に先立つ埋蔵文化財の発掘調査が1991年(平成3年)から行われた結果、旧新橋停車場駅舎とプラットホームの一部の遺構が史跡『旧新橋停車場跡』として国の指定を受け、この史跡を保護しつつわが国鉄道発祥の往時を偲ぶために、駅舎を再建することになったものです。
 旧新橋停車場地内には『創業時の線路』、『プラットホーム』、『0哩標識』があり、近隣の区立汐留西公園
には『転車台基礎石』があります。



This building reproduces the external appearance of the first Shimbashi Stasion theTokyo terminus of Japan's first railway line opend on 14 October 1872,as faithfully as possible on its original site.The first station buildeng was designed by the American architect R.P.Bridgens(1819-1891).Construction started in May 1871 and was completed in December of the same year.Western-style buildings were still rare in Tokyo at that time,but the station's imposing design symbolized Japan's medernization in tandem with the westernied rebuilding of Ginza Dori soon after the opening of the railway.
The pssenger-terminal functions of Shimbashi Station were transferred to the new Tokyo Station when it was opened in 1914 and Shimbashi Station was renamed Shiodome Station and became a freight terminal.The Shimbashi Station name was transferred to Karasumori Station,which still remains as today's Shimbashi Station.In its new role as a freight terminal,Shiodome played a pivotal part in Japan's subsequent economic growth.
Unfortunately,the magnificent  old station building in Shiodome,which had symbolezed Japan's westernization movement during the Meiji period(1868-1912),was destroyed by fire follwing the Great Kanto Earthquake on 1 September 1923.Renovationo works in Shiodome freight terminal from 1934 onwards resulted in the demolition of the old remaining plartforms and original structures not destroyed by the 1923 fire.
Follwing the closure of Shiodome freight terminal in 1986,archaeological excavation in 1991 led to the discovery of the station site and the unearthing of the platforms and foundations of the first Shimbashi Station building.On 10 December 1996,the Japanese government designated the remains of the station building and part of the platform as the Old Shimbashi Station Historic Site.
This reproduction of the first station building has been built to conserve and display these historic remains and to commemorate the birthplace of reilways in Japan.
The dotted line shows the extent of the government-designated Old Shinbashi Station Historic Site.



所在地 港区東新橋2-17 (区立汐留西公園) 

   転車台基礎石
 明治5年(1872)9月12日、わが国の近代化の象徴ともいえる新橋と横浜を結ぶ鉄道が開業しました。「新橋停車場(新橋駅)は、日本最初の鉄道の始発駅であるとともに、その後全国へとレールを延ばした鉄道の歴史の始発駅でもありました。大正3年(1914)、東京駅の開業により、新橋駅は日本最大の貨物駅「汐留駅」として生まれ変わり、昭和61年(1986)、国鉄民営化に伴い廃止されるまで重要な貨物駅としてその役割を担ってきました。



 汐留地区の開発計画が進む中、平成3年(1991)から始められた地区の遺跡発掘調査によって、地中に駅舎の基礎である石積みと135mのホームが残されていることが明らかになるとともに、機関車方向転換用の転車台の基礎や構内にあった様々な施設の跡が次々と発見されました。この転車台の基礎は、現在の「ゆりかもめ」が新橋駅を発車してすぐにほぼ90度右に曲がる所の左手あたりで発掘されたものです。直径12.5mほどで、発掘された時は凝灰岩製の切石が三段に積み上げられ、底の面には排水用の溝がつけられたコンクリートが打たれていました。



 発掘された位置や規模から、転車台は明治4年(1871)12月23日に着工され、翌明治5年(1872)6月20日に竣工した開業当時の転車台に相当することがわかりました。この転車台は大正3年(1914)前後まで使用されたと考えられています。
 このたび、公園整備にあたり転車台基礎石の再利用について検討を行いましたが、大半は風化が進み使用に耐えないことが判明しました。このため、比較的風化の進んでいない最下段の切石のみを輪郭部に使用し、転車台の基礎の形状を再現したデザインとしました。
 日本の近代化を支えた遺産のひとつがここによみがえりました。


所在地 港区東新橋1-5-3 (旧新橋停車場)
 
   0哩標識
1870年4月25日(明治3年3月25日)、測量の起点となる第一杭がこの場所に打ち込まれました。1936年(昭和11年)に日本の鉄道発祥の地として0哩標識と約3mの軌道を復元しました。1958年(昭和33年)10月14日、旧国鉄によって『0哩標識』は鉄道記念物に指定され、1965年(昭和40年)5月12日、『旧新橋横浜間鉄道創設起点跡』として国の指定史跡に認定されました。


 
This spot is where the first stake was driben at the survey starting point on 25 April 1870.In 1936,the government railways reproduced Mile Marker Zero with a short section of the original track as the cirthplace of Japanese railways.The former Japanese National Railways (JNR) designated Mile Marker Zero as a Railway Mrmorial on 14 October 1958.On 12 May 1965,the government designated it as a national historic site called the Original Starting Point of the Former Shimbashi-Yokohama Railway.


所在地 港区東新橋1-5-3 (旧新橋停車場)

    プラットホーム Platform
 構造 Structure
プラットホームは「盛土式石積」という構造で作られています。両側面の真下には、溝状に地面を掘って基礎石を敷詰め、その上に切石を石垣のように積んで土留め壁が作られ、内側には土が詰められました。基礎石には龍野藩脇坂家・仙台藩伊達家両屋敷の礎石などが使われました。切石は笠石を含めて6段あり、地表には笠石を含めた上3段が出ていました。最下段部分は小口面を揃えて横に並ばせ、2段目から小口面と長手面を交互に並べて積んでいます。ただし、一律的に小口面と長手面が交互になっているわけではなく、2・3段目では小口面が続く個所もあり、4・5段目では長手面が並ぶ個所もあります。

The platform was built with a compacted earth retaining wall structure.A trench was dug directlybelow both plarform edges and filled with small river boulders.Coursesof cut stone were laid on top of this foundation to build retaining walls and the space between the two parallel walls was filled with compacted earth.Stone from the foundations of the abandoned on-site residences of Lord (daimyo) Wakisaka of the Tatsuno fief and Lord Date of the Sendai fief was recycled for use in the platform foundations.The platform walls were six courses of stone high including the capstones but only the top three courses were visible above ground.The lowest course is conposed entirely of header stones running at right angles to the row.Stretchers and headers are laid alternately from the second course.However,the regular alternation is sometimes ineonsistent-there are sections of continuous headers in the second and third courses,and sections of continuous stretchers in the fourth and fifth courses.

 規模 Size
プラットホームの全長は151.5m、幅は9.1mありました。再現されたのはそのうち駅舎よりの25mです。遺跡指定の範囲に残されているプラットホームの遺構は35mです。
The length of the unearthed platform is 151.5 meters with a width of 9.1 meters.The first 25 meters of the platform behind the station building have been reproduced.Another 10 meters of the original platform remains buried within the designated historic site.


所在地 港区東新橋1-5-3 (旧新橋停車場)

創業当時、枕木やレールの台座(チェアー)は小石や砂の混じった土を被せられ、レールの頭だけが地表に出ていました。レール断面は上下対照のI型で、双頭レールといいます。この復元軌道の半分は小石を被せて当時に近い状態を再現し、残りは枕木や台座が見えるようにしました。双頭レールは錬鉄製で、1873年にイギリスのダーリントンで作られ、官設鉄道使われたあと、新潟県柏崎市の製油所で使われたもので、新日本石油株式会社、新日本石油加工株式会社の両社からご寄贈いただきました。



The original track formed of symmetrical double-headed I-section wrought-iron rails secured to wooden sleepers by cairs and buried in a mixed ballast of sand,gravel,and earth.Unlike modern tracks,only the head of the rail appeared above ground level.The rails in this restoration were manufactured in Darlington in Great Britain in 1873.After use by the early governmant railways,they spent long years in service as industrial tracks in an oil refinery in Kashiwaaki City,Niigata Prefecture,before being generaously donated to this exhibition by Nippon Oil Corporation and Nippon Petroleum Processing Co.Ltd.


忍者ブログ [PR]
カウンター
現在の閲覧者数
サイト内検索
アクセス解析
プロフィール
HN:
歴史を未来に伝える。
HP:
性別:
男性